The Need for ISMS and ISO 27001 Certification
An Information Security Management System (ISMS) is an industry-standard approach to identify, treat, monitor and improve the quality of an organisation’s Security practice. By having a methodical approach to information security, companies can ensure that controls are improved in a continuous fashion, gaps are identified promptly and risks are mitigated based on evidence-based metrics.
The so-called ISO 27001 compliance is the formal accreditation that the ISMS is operating in an optimal manner.
By becoming ISO 27001 certified, organisations can:
- reduce the impact/likelihood of security incidents that could disrupt the business;
- optimise its existing controls, and make informed decisions about investments in security controls;
- provide assurance to business partners and customers that their data is protected accordingly;
- meet legislative and contractual obligations;
Cliffside Security can take you through the ISMS/ISO 27001 journey
Security Strategy and Roadmap
Cliffside Security consultants have helped companies with both green field and mature security practices to evaluate their current stage, and where they ought to be to meet its business objectives by means of pragmatic, actionable security strategies and roadmaps.
Our gap assessments can be carried out in a two-folded approach:
- focus on ISO 27001, which enables the organisation to identify if its approach to information security management is aligned with the standard;
- focus on ISO 27002, identifying the state of existing security controls, and the need for additional controls to reduce the organisation’s risk levels.
The gap assessment will then be used as the basis to the remediation plan. The objective is to address the risks that are above the organisation’s risk appetite levels, and drive the improvement of existing security controls.
During the remediation plan, we can also assist by ensuring your security policies are kept up-to-date, relevant and address current security threats.
ISO 27001 Certification
For organisations that want to take a step further and become ISO 27001 certified, we will work with your teams to ensure alignment with the standard prior to the engagement with accreditation bodies for the certification audits.
Cliffside Security is vendor agnostic and will work with the certification authority of your choice.